Every evening of July at 6pm, in the Presbytary courtyard or in the Collège Sainte-Catherine courtyard, you will meet the artists of the 2022 Festival d'Aix for tête-à-tête interviews:
- 4 July: ROMEO CASTELLUCCI, stage director of Mahler's Resurrection — Presbytary courtyard
- 5 July: TOBIAS KRATZER, stage director of Rossini's Moses and Pharaoh — Presbytary courtyard
- 6 July: ANDREA BRETH, stage director of Strauss' Salome, and GABOR BRETZ, Jochanaan in Salome — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 7 July: CLAUS GUTH, stage director of Pascal Dusapin's Il Viaggio, Dante, and ETIENNE PLUSS, set designer of Il Viaggio, Dante — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 8 July: BUSHRA EL TURK, composer of Woman at Point Zero, and LAILA SOLIMAN, stage director of Woman at Point Zero — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 9 July: TED HUFFMAN, stage director of Monteverdi's L'incoronazione di Poppea — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 11 July: JULIA BULLOCK, soprano — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 12 July: SABINE DEVIEILHE, Ilia in Mozart's Idomeneo, Re di Creta and RAPHAËL PICHON, conductor of Idomeneo, Re di Creta — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 13 July: SATOSHI MIYAGI, stage director of Mozart's Idomeneo, Re di Creta — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 14 July: ELSA DREISIG, title role of Strauss' Salome — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 15 July: KARINE DESHAYES, title role of Bellini's Norma — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 16 July: CHRISTEL LOETZSCH, Giovane Dante in Pascal Dusapin's Il Viaggio, Dante, DOMINIQUE VISSE, Voce dei dannati in Pascal Dusapin's Il Viaggio, Dante and JEAN-SÉBASTIEN BOU, Dante in Pascal Dusapin's Il Viaggio, Dante — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 18 July: PENE PATI, Aménophis in Rossini's Moses and Pharaoh — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 19 July: LEONARDO GARCÍA ALARCÓN, conductor of Monteverdi's L'incoronazione di Poppea — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 20 July: ANNA BONITATIBUS, Idamante in Mozart's Idomeneo, Re di Creta, and MICHAEL SPYRES, title role of Idomeneo, Re di Creta — Collège Sainte-Catherine
- 22 July: TAREK YAMANI, keyboardist and composer — Collège Sainte-Catherine
These tête-à-tête interviews will be conducted by the dramaturges of the Festival d’Aix: Timothée Picard, Raphaëlle Blin and François Delécluse.
Presbytary courtyard — Place des Martyrs de la Résistance
Collège Sainte-Catherine — 20, rue Mignet
You will also like
FILMED RECORDING OF THE OPERA INNOCENCE GARNERS AN AWARD AT THE 2023 GOLDEN PRAGUE FESTIVAL
The video recording of Kaija Saariaho’s opera Innocence was awarded the prize for Best Recording of a Stage Work at the 60th Golden Prague...
AUDITIONS: 2024 VOICE RESIDENCY OF THE ACADÉMIE
The auditions of the young artists you will hear in June and July 2024 at the Festival d’Aix-en-Provence are underway. Singers, pianists and...
[ INTERVIEW ] WITH THE GRAPHIC ARTIST IRMA BOOM
Irma Boom is a Dutch graphic designer of international renown who created the visual identity of the Festival d’Aix-en-Provence since 2019. Irma Boom...
IRMA BOOM WINS THE 2023 AURELIE NEMOURS PRIZE
Since 2000, the Aurelie Nemours Prize has been awarded to artists “whose work pursues a rigorous plastic quest with a unique spirituality,” as did the...
Dear festival-goers, More than 75,000 of you joined us to celebrate the 75th edition of the Festival d'Aix-en-Provence, which ended on Monday 24 July.
THE 2023 FESTIVAL D'AIX ON #THEDIGITALSTAGE ALL THIS SUMMER
Extend the celebrations of this anniversary edition on #THEDIGITALSTAGE of the Festival, with operas from the 2023 programme and previous years, as...
[ PICTURES ] BEST OF THE 2023 FESTIVAL
2023 Festival d'Aix-en-Provence © Jean-Louis Fernandez © Monika Rittershaus © Tristram Kenton © Vincent Beaume
THE 2023 FESTIVAL IS IN THE PRESS!
Excerpts from press about 2023 edition of the Festival d'Aix